Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Dumb Labels

I was putting lights on the Christmas tree when I noticed that the label said "For indoor or outdoor use only." Is this to imply that there are other uses for Christmas lights, or are these idiots just covering all the bases? And what could this "other" use possibly be? Maybe I could install them underwater in my backyard pond for a dramatic effect...or use them as headlights. But again that would be an outdoor use, so that falls under the labels instructions.

It reminds me that the last time I used the drive up ATM at the bank, there was a sign engraved on the ATM machine that says, "This unit equipped with Braille to serve the visually impaired. Duh! What's wrong with this picture? I thought you had to be visually endowed to drive a car. Prhaps this is the answer as to why there are so many wrecks on the roads these days.

Another dumb label, "Do not use this hairdryer in water." Okay, maybe I'm just not with the program, but if I'm in water why would I want to dry my hair? Am I missing something here? Are we so stupid that we have to have everything spelled out to us to the nth degree? Next thing you know toilet paper will have a label that says, "This side for full anal contact."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They may have to put "not for tossing up in trees of other people's houses" just to save themselves from legal trouble. And external use only so that super models do not consume it to stay skinny ;-)

I'm with you we have gone way overboard with what they warn us about. Soon they may have to put those warnings in audio clips for those who don't read well - and in 14 different languages. That will make opening a new roll of toilet paper reall loud ;-)

Post a Comment

<< Home