Wednesday, January 24, 2007

GOOD NEWS< BAD NEWS

The good news is today is my mother’s 89th birthday.  She still gets around pretty well if she uses her walker.  So far her short term memory has not been affected even though she sometimes has trouble putting words together because of a stroke 12 years ago.

The bad news is Jimbob just called to tell me he needs to have cataract surgery and he may have a tumor on the same eye.  I know surgery is done all the time but I’m sure it can’t be any fun.  I’ll have to take off a couple of days from work to stay with him.  I don’t mind the days off (any excuse to stay home), I just have too much to do at work.  And I really hate having to take it home with me.

The indifferent news is our wonderful company has arranged to have the Stanley cup here at the office for the day.  For five bucks you can get your picture taken with it.  Now if I’m going to pay to have my picture taken, how about Sean Connery (I’m showing my age) or George Clooney?  What good is my picture with some inanimate hunk of metal (or whatever it’s made of)?

The “I’m not sure if it’s bad or good news” is that my daughter is pregnant.  I know I should be thrilled but having never met her husband, never spoken to him and the fact that he talked her into getting married without letting her family know is not reassuring.  She’s now in debt up to her eyeballs supporting this guy.  How can she support him if she’s at home having a baby?  And since he likes to rove under the best of circumstances and hates “fat chicks”, I have my qualms.

So if you know any prayers, keep Jimbob and my daughter in them.  I think they’re both going to need them.



3 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Prayers on the way. Maybe I shouldn't curse my life for being so dull lately. I don't need the excitement of surgery for sure.

My grandmother turned 95 just last week. Lives by herself at home and gets around with a cane. Her mind is as sharp as mine too. Sharper probably.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your mom. I'll definately be praying for your hubby and daughter.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to your husband and daughter. Your mom sounds like she is doing pretty well. Now if you can just hang in there and help them get through their stuff...

Post a Comment

<< Home