Monday, December 03, 2007

Clueless in dallas


Just call me Clueless in Dallas. I happened to be in the doctor’s office this morning and watching the news while I waited. One of the lead items was about whether atheist should have their own holiday symbol.

Now correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t this current holiday season to celebrate the birth of Christ? The Jewish celebrate Hanukah, which I believe happens to fall within the same time frame as Christmas. I’m not an expert on being Jewish, so I can’t say too much. But I think you get my point.

If this is the case, what does an atheist celebrate, and why are they up-in-arms about having their own symbol. If you’re an atheist it can’t possibly be Christmas or Hanukah. And what kind of symbol would you get to celebrate a holiday that you don’t believe in?

I’m getting very confused.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Why do the media even give publicity to such clap-trap? It's like Christmas is a time to stir up trouble.

BTW, responding to your comment on my blog, we can do pretty much everything by mail, or online, with our secretary of state office too. This time, however, we had to re-claim a car we let our son use, get the title back in our name, pick up new license plates for it, fill out a form for our registration, etc.

Since this car is going to be 25 years old next year, I asked about a 'historic plate' since you can buy these plates for historic vehicles 25 years and older and they're good for ten years. Found out, that's true BUT you can only drive the car in a car show, to a car show, or for repairs.

Darn! Can't win.

Post a Comment

<< Home