Monday, October 01, 2007

Weekend From Hell

I’ve been meaning to sit down every day and make a post of some sort or another. Either I’m brain dead when I get home, or so busy taking care of Jimbob and his mother that I have no time to myself.

This weekend was perfectly shitty. I went out Saturday morning and was really enjoying myself working in the yard but went in about noon to cool off and finally file our income taxes when a migraine hit me upside the head like a speeding locomotive. Faster than a speeding bullet, I was waylaid; absolutely down for the count.

Being adverse to pain, I decided the prudent thing to do would be to take my Imitrex before it got worse. Well it got worse. All the water I drank while working outside was on a skid rail right into the toilet. Not pretty.

From then on I felt like I should flush myself down the toilet. By the time Jimbob got home, I said take me to the hospital for Drugs. I took a bucket with me just in case my stomach turned inside out again.

Anyway, about the time we got to the emergency room, everybody in town had gotten there five minutes before us. In addition, a whole bunch us ambulances knocked us back to the bottom of the list.

Okay, so a migraine is not life threatening unless you slit your wrists to ease the pain, but after sitting 4 hours in the waiting room I felt terminal. Add to that another 3 hours once we got in to see a doctor.

We both went home and crashed. Sunday I didn’t feel much better except that my head didn’t feel like David (of David and Goliath) was using it for target practice.

So…if you’ve never had a migraine headache, say thank you, God, a gazillion times. And if you have, my heart goes out to you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Do whatever it takes to take care of yourself. I read just recently that caregivers, like yourself, are under a lot greater stress than previously thought. It can and does affect your health.

Post a Comment

<< Home