Sunday, July 15, 2007

Tomorrow, Tomorrow

Is only a day away and I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself because I have to go back to work...at least half days for the first week.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Poor me. It's not like I haven't worked all my adult life, but I could sure get used to being retired. Except when I retire, I want to be whole and unbruised. This being injured is the pits.

I'm sure I'm going to have to listen to a long saga about how used and abused Wonder Woman was while I was out. I have no sympathy for her. It's part of life that shit happens. I'm thinking of supplying her with this "Give a Shit" button and letting her pound away. Tsk, tsk, such a bad attitude I have.

I was told that Wonder Woman made the comment that it wouldn't matter if RLD (our other estimator) was out for surgery becuase all he did was sit around and surf the net regarding his disease. The man has cancer and had to have one kidney removed. They couldn't do anything about the tumor that is strangling his aorta. In a way, I'm actually hoping she says something to me about my injuries or RLD being out.

A little late, but I need to report that we have a new little fella in the house. We actually got him nearly two months ago, but as you know, I've been sidetracked. We named him Hairy James for the jazz muisician and he's really a sweet little guy. He's very affectionate and a grade A lap cat. I wish I could take him to work with me tomorrow. Sometimes he terrorizes our other big cat who weighs exactly twice as much. It's just that he's still a young cat and has lots of energy.

I'll let you know how tomorrow goes. That is if I can find the top of my desk under all the stuff that has piled up for the last seven weeks.








1 Comments:

Blogger Moggy said...

I hope things go well for your re-introduction to the working world. I'm with you, I would love to retire intact, I hope that happens someday.

Post a Comment

<< Home