Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Aftermath

Maybe it's to be expected. I've been feeling really down the past couple of days. I haven't been out of the house except to get the mail and go see another doctor since I fell on Memorial day. I didn't have this many doctors when my back was broken in a car accident.

Even though I've been working from home, I finally threw in the towel yesterday and told everyone, I can't keep up and someone needed to step up and take over my projects. So far so good. I know I'm off through the end of June, and I'm supposed to be resting. So maybe it's time to actually rest.

One good thing has come out of this. I'm injured and our male estimator has been diagnosed with lymphoma (no that's not the good thing) so that left our newest hire, (who was supposed to be on board in January) but didn't show up until 6/1 and Wonder Woman. Suddenly the light bulb went on for the powers that be and they decided we needed a fifth. Duh! I told them that a year ago. We're being given a man who has worked for the company for years in another capacity. It's about time.

Time to rest a bit. This sitting at a desk gets very uncomfortable.

3 Comments:

Blogger Moggy said...

You take it easy. Maybe work on a novel in your mind, but no work.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So maybe when you get back to work, you will have some help. For now, take it easy.

Blogger Big Dave T said...

My fear is that if I were injured and out of work for an extended period of time, they might find out they could get along without me quite well.

Job security is precious these days.

Post a Comment

<< Home