Saturday, May 19, 2007

Oh My Gosh

I couldn’t believe my eyes the other day. I was searching for another vehicle for my blog, one I could access from work and I have no idea where I saw or heard about a certain site (better left unnamed). Like a big dummy I tried it and nearly got the shock of my life.

I’ve heard that they put stuff like that on the web, but never had the misfortune to run across it before. The first thing I saw was videos; very graphic videos; nothing left to the imagination videos. There were videos of two men doing things together that should have been kept behind closed doors.

When I mentioned this at our writer’s club Wednesday, someone asked if said videos were like a train wreck where you just couldn’t stop watching. No way. No thank you. Un huh. I’m nearly 60 years old and not some green kid, but I was taken aback, to say the least. Okay, so maybe I am old fashioned, but you can bet your sweet bippy I won’t be visiting that site again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I accidentally stumbled onto a similar site once and I could not get it off of my screen fast enough. I could not believe that people would actually do those kinds of things in front of a camera and post it on the internet for the entire world to see. I was shocked and stunned and grossed out!

BTW, Typepad does blogs and I do mine through Moveable Type. Also some people use WordPress, which is pretty good, I think.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

never had this happen to me...
um yeah that's just sick.

Blogger Moggy said...

I really feel bad to kids who stumble across that stuff. I don't think it should be allowed and especially not where you just might stumble across it.

I haven't seen exactly what you ran into, or if I have, I've blocked it from my mind in order to save my sanity ;-)

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Heh, heh. That train wreck comment was intriguing because it reminded me of a cable TV gaffe that happened up north in Michigan. Somehow an adult channel was broadcast onto a local cable network in error. The newspaper quoted one "elderly resident" who complained that the adult channel was there "almost four hours."

Mighty long train wreck for that lady if ya get my drift.

Post a Comment

<< Home