Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Fourth of July

I hope everyone had a great holiday. We've had so much rain around here that many of the fireworks displays were cancelled. We would have normally gone to Kaboom Town in Addison, but the lot that Jimbob's brother has rented near the airport for the last 5 or 6 years was sold recently. The new owner didn't want the liability of having a large group of people milling around on his land.

In the end, Jimbob and I stayed home and number one brat, JC, came for dinner. He's been spending more time with us since he broke up with his girlfriend of 5 1/2 years. In fact, he's helping with the painting that was interrupted by my fall.

Barring any unforeseen complications ( I know I said that once before), I should be going back to work on July 16th. The day before my 60th birthdday. How fitting...I guess.

2 Comments:

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Well, Nan. . . Not exactly the SPEEDY recovery I wished for you, but I'm counting on no unforeseen complications! Glad you're almost able to go back to your wonderful job. I want to hear how the office made out without you!

John

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it will be interesting to see the condition of your office when you return. I bet they will be happy to see you!

Happy 4th.

Post a Comment

<< Home