Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Saga of Jackie-O-Lantern



The following is a short story I wrote for my son’s Halloween birthday party. Fill in the blanks as indicated in parentheses with words supplied by the party goers then read the results aloud. The sillier their responses, the better. The children enjoyed it tremendously and insisted on numerous rewrites.

Jackie O., Jackie O., where have you gone. The sheep are in the __(Location)__. The cows are in the__(Location)__, but most of all I fear that you are _(Adjective)____. I came home _(Adjective)__ last night to find the house in a _(Adjective)__ and covered in _(Icky stuff)__.

But no where to be found was Jackie O. Oh my! Oh my! The __(Location)__ runs with __(Icky stuff)_, I stand ______(Body Part)___ deep in __(Icky stuff)________.
A _______(Body Part)___ hangs from the chandelier. A ______(Body Part)___ lies under the bed.

Jackie O., Jackie O. is it murder most ___(Adjective)____? The _(Possessions)__ are missing from the __(Location)__ , and the _(Possessions)__ have disappeared.


Did they come through the _(part of a house)__, the _(part of a house)__, or the _(part of a house)__, ? Perhaps you quake in the _(part of a house)__, all bound and gagged. Are you able to answer Jackie O., Jackie O.?


Oh no! Oh no! What has the __(Animal)__ found under the _(Piece of furniture)_? Is it a _______(Body Part)___ , a ______(Body Part)___ or a ______(Body Part)___ that he chews? I fear that at last we have found you Jackie O., Jackie O. Oh no! Oh no, what a terrible mess!

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Guess I might have a problem coming up with a word for "icky stuff."

By the way, that's an awfully creepy Halloween story. Just reading your everyday goings on here, it's hard for me to believe that you made that up.

Post a Comment

<< Home