Thursday, January 31, 2008

Whatever

I’ve been saying for days that I’m going to sit down and post so no one thinks I fell off the face of the Earth, but somehow, I just never seem to get there. I can’t even claim that I’ve been super busy. Anyway, so here are a few things that have been occupying my time.

Last Saturday, JC, my number one brat called to tell me the clutch went out on his 10 year old truck while he was on his way over to our house. Since it was still drivable (just really noisy), I had him meet me at the garage. As it turned out, it was going to run about $800 to fix, so we told the guy to go ahead. But the more we thought about it, the truck is only worth $500, at most. Long story short, we found him a 06 Dodge Ram with 8,600 miles on it. After a whole lot of dickering, we finally struck a deal agreeable to everyone.

Monday morning, I was awoken by a strange noise coming from the other side of the house. Then it quit, so I snoozed awhile longer before dragging my butt out of bed. By the time I got up, the noise had started again. It only took a minute to discover that the little flap in the door that is supposed to be closed when the icemaker is not in use was opening and closing, and opening and closing. It sounded like when you put a tennis shoe in the dryer. We finally got someone out today and the refrigerator is quiet once again. Oh, thank heavens for silence.

Yesterday JC called again. His glasses broke when he went to put them on. He was at Wal Mart near where he works, so he got them to call the one where I live for his prescription. And of course his insurance wouldn’t cover a complete new pair even though he got the bottom of the barrel frames. Jimbob and I were headed in that direction to choir practice, so I had him drop me on the way and JC picked me up and we went and got his glasses. At least I was able to get a few groceries while we waited.

I hate to say that it’s beginning to sound like a conspiracy, but I should say that word. It might precipitate a far worse catastrophe.

Gee, I lead such an exciting life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

You're a generous mom. How are you ever going to retire? I just this moment set up an appointment with a retirement counselor from my employer's investment firm. It's an advice session. I already know what he's going to say. Give us more money, keep giving and don't think about retiring for about ten years (when I turn 65).

Post a Comment

<< Home