Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Draggle

My friend, Karyn Lyndon , tagged me with a draggle. That's a story of exactly 100 words. This may sound easy, but isn't. Here's my effort.


Pearls of Wisdom

“I’m going to smell your panties,” Adam said.

“Excuse me?” I hoped I didn’t look as shocked as I felt. My three-year-old had a way with words. And he usually came up with these pearls of wisdom when I least expected them.

“I’m going to smell your panties,” he repeated and trotted from the walk-in closet.

“Hold on, young man,” I called. “Where did you hear that?”

“I was just checking to see if you had dirty panties. Dianna does it all the time to see if Brad’s diaper is dirty.”

“Oh.” What an intelligent reply. Way to go, Mom.

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

*chuckles*

I'll have to work on my own. I already had a blog ready to go this week. So I'll follow up on this tag next week.

Somehow this reminds of your story, pretty sure it's your story, of how as a young girl you reported some man's dachsund had escaped the backyard by saying something like "Sir, your wiener is loose." He responded by checking his zipper. It remains one of the funniest anecdotes I've read in the blogosphere.

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Good job, Nan. You got me with that first line. Very nicely done.

John

Post a Comment

<< Home