Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Rambling Rose

I seem to be suffering from writer's block. Not only can I not think of anything to write, but I don't even want to write. Not a good predicament for someone who is hoping to break into print any day now. I've been told the best thing to do in this case is to write anything, so here I am rambling like a rose on the fence post.

I've been playing with my son's digital camera the last few days. Yeah, I'm a dinosaur and don't have my own. I really like the fact that you can erase the pictures that are duds or closeups of your thumb, or the floor, or whatever. I keep trying to get a shot of the sunrise, but it's not easy when you're speeding west at 60 MPH and the sun is in the east. I'm sure the other drivers think I've lost my mind.

I had a very busy weekend. Saturday morning, I met with five ladies from the chancel choir for breakfast. It's always fun to gather without the presence of husbands. You never know what subject will come up for discussion. One unnamed participant admitted to being "a food whore." That is after we had all lamented about gravity taking over our bodies.

Then I headed to Home Depot where I bought myself a table saw. I also needed to replace the thermostat on the air conditioner. Our old one was either on or off. When it was on, the house would get down to +/-60 degrees and of course if it was off...you can imagine.

Well, by then it was too hot to work in the yard, so I fooled around until it was time to go to a wedding. It was a very interesting affair. The groom is Hispanic and the bride Korean. The bride's mother and grandmother wore traditional Korean dresses. Our pastor (who is also Korean) officiated even though it wasn't at our church. At least everyone spoke English.

Sunday, I got up early so I could clean the garden pond in the backyard before going to church. The night before, it had spontaneously emptied itself for some unknown reason. It does this every so often and for the life of me I can't figure out where the water is going. When I got home I tried to plant some flowers, but nearly died from the heat. Later I managed to set up our new awning. But by then, I was sweating so bad, I couldn't see what I was doing.

Okay, so it's taken me most of the day to write this little bit, and I still have this humungus writer's block. I guess I'll have to try something else.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karyn Lyndon said...

Pull up a word document and type "Chapter One" Ohhhhhh the possibilities...

Post a Comment

<< Home