Thursday, July 28, 2005

Chemistry

Chemistry has always been a mystery to me.
Why, in school, it offered my poor brain nothing short of misery.
Spinning and looping, I would faint dead away.
Courageously, I asked why?
While the fearful professor, just rolled his eyes.
In the interest of sanity, (his and mine)
I avoided the subject with all due alacrity.
Now I find myself embroiled in the depths of chemistry.
Nay, make that Chemistry with a capital C!
It's Chemistry between you and between me.
It's bigger than both of us and equally confusing.
My unfortunate mind reels in perplexity.
Of course, heat and friction cause fire.
Even the simplest dolt knows that.
But in this case, expect nothing short of an
EXPLOSION!
Surely, under the circumstances,
spontaneous combustion might tell the real story.
My body and heart erupt in a blaze.
What will it take to extinguish the flames?
Chemistry, Chemistry!
It's far too much for my poor brain.
Teach me. Teach me.
I would know the meaning of this word,
Chemistry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home