Sunday, February 17, 2008

Unknown Ailment


I started sneezing right about the middle of January, and like the Energizer Bunny, I’m still going strong. One Thursday evening, two weeks ago I added coughing all night. I can’t tell you how many nights I’ve slept in the recliner in a semi-upright position. Otherwise, I drown in my own snot.

Was it…is it a cold; sever allergy; a virus; a flu? I only wish I knew. I’ve been totally wiped out the last three weekends. Work has been a symphony of sneezing, coughing and blowing. People from halfway across the building call on the phone to say, “Bless you.” Others just holler over the partitions. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to blow my brains out.

I did take one day off, but I still have no energy. Sneezing is very tiring. Especially when they’re big, volatile and very wet. I don’t know how the human head can produce so much mucus, but if snot was valuable, I’d be a multi-billionaire.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Oh my, It sounds like you need some Olive Leaf, you can find it at the health food store. It helps with congestion and coughing. It works like a charm with me.

Blogger Big Dave T said...

I just started sneezing too lately. I'm an optimist though . . . I'm taking it as a sign of spring.

Post a Comment

<< Home