Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Sad Valentine's day

I received a phone call this morning from my friend at the office with bad news. One of our co-workers, Terrance, had been found murdered in his home. I think we've all lost someone in our lives at one point or another, but the senseless taking of a vibrant life is so hard to understand.

What makes it even harder to digest is that a family member, with possible involvement with drugs, is suspected. What could be so important that one would be forced to turn on a fellow human being? And what good comes of it? Terrance is gone and the attacker will bear the brunt of his actions for the rest of his life.

I only knew Terrance a couple of years, but he was a winner. He gave respect and received it in return. He was a team player and let you know that he valued you as a person and co-worker. He was a rightous man in the Biblical sense and I'm sure he died fighting for what he believed.

I pray that God will watch over his family in this devasting loss.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

So sad. You live your life hoping that something like this doesn't happen to someone close to you. I share your prayerful wish for the family.

Post a Comment

<< Home