Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Amelia Frump and herPeanut Butter Loving, Overactive Imagination

I said I was going to start doing book reviews, so here's my first. I had not intended to review children's books, but at the request of Debbie Roppolol, the author, I agreed.
This delightful book threw me at first because when I think of children's books, I think of lots of pictures and few words. Then I realized that it is intended for a slightly older group. I had to remember what I was reading at that age, and it all fell into place.

Amelia is right at the age when she's trying to figure out who she is and where she fits in the scheme of life. With few friends, she feels like an outcast. Even though Amelia thinks she's too old for "monsters under the bed", she still suffers a nightly battle with the monsters of her imagination. Finally she confronts the monsters in a dream and comes to grips with them and her imagination.

What a delightful way to deal with the issues facing young children even if they think they're too grown up for such baby things. I intend to mail this book to my granddaughter in California. Although she's too young to read, she loves books and having Mommy read to her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Shoot, that reminds me that I wanted to post a review of Debbie's book for Amazon. But I don't have an account with them and they're fussy about that. I did enjoy reading the book.

Post a Comment

<< Home