Thursday, July 14, 2011

It Was So Hot

If this was Hollywood Squares, that would be the audience's cue to answer Jan Murray with, "How hot was it?" but this is north Texas in mid July. My thermostat in the car read 103 when I came in from work.

My poor plants, even the established ones, are wilting at an alarming rate. My tomatoes, cucumbers and basil look like they were attacked by agent orange.

I went out back to water those in pots and set the sprinkler and within two minutes I was sweating. Not to mention the mosquitos feasting on my blood. Mosquitos love me.

I really hate winter and cold weather, but right now, a chilly breeze wafting through the tree tops would be nice. A summer shower would be a small slice of heaven. I could even handle a cool 90 degrees.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

I definitely hear you on the heat. We hit a record yesterday in southeastern Michigan, the first hundred plus temperature recorded this century. I'm remembering when the thermometer in my car hit 26 below zero. Doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

Post a Comment

<< Home