Thursday, January 12, 2012

Now That I've Made It

Now that I've actually made it to the hallowed halls of retirement...it doesn't seem real. Everyday I get up and think I need to get ready for work. I keep thinking that they're going to send out a search party to drag me back to my desk. Then I remember, nope I took the VERP, Voluntary Early Retirement Package.

I would have been foolish to turn it down since management made it abundantly clear they want fresh, young voices in the office. That's okay, but there wasn't much to the package part. I figured if I didn't take it, my job might mysteriously evaporate in the next six months or so. I've seen it happen before.

When I stop to think that this was supposed to be a temporary job, I should be thankful. Nearly 38 years later, here I sit at my PC writing and trying to figure out what to do next. I have lots of plans, but the big question is whether they will produce income.

Top of the list is to become a freelance copy editor/writer. I purchased my domain name yesterday and I'm working on getting my web page up and running. One of these days (not yet, though) stop by to visit. NancyKHarmon.com.

1 Comments:

Blogger N6FFU said...

Fingers and Toes crossed for you Nanc. Can't wait to see the Web page!

Post a Comment

<< Home