Friday, March 02, 2012

A God Thing?


Maybe...maybe not. About two weeks ago, my son's fiance called to ask if I'd watch the kids for a couple of hours while they met with friends. I agreed, so I grabbed a quick bite of dinner, packed my iPad and knitting and went out to the car.

We'd been out to lunch earlier and had no problems, but now the #&$% thing wouldn't start. I took the key out and reinserted it and tried again. Every light on the dashboard came on, but it still wouldn't start. It didn't make a sound. I'm talking dead silence. I made sure the radio, lights and heater were off and tried again with the same results.

After a few expletive deleted moments, I trudged back inside and called. Nobody picked up. Great! I was batting a thousand. Finally, I got J on the phone to tell him I wasn't coming.

Stupid car, I'm thinking and planning on getting it towed to the dealer in the morning and how much it was going to cost me to get it fixed. Damn, I didn't need another bill. Being retired and on a fixed income does have a few drawbacks.

I'm not sure what possessed me right about then, but I grabbed the keys and went back out to the offending vehicle. I even resisted the strong urge to commit structural damage to my beloved Jeep.

Wouldn't you know it? I get in, put the key in the ignition and it starts. Not to look that proverbial gift horse in the mouth, I turned it off and restarted it. Yes, it started. It hasn't given me another bit of trouble since.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced I wasn't supposed to go out, or the kids weren't supposed to go. Either way, was it a God thing? Who knows?

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

That is weird. You should have called Jon back and said your car starts and you're on your way. The, if the car wouldn't have started afterwards, that would have been really spooky.

Post a Comment

<< Home