Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Tornado alley

Today, tornado alley was a fitting name for north Texas. The last unofficial count I heard was 15. I'm sorry that people lost their homes...but thankful we were spared that. Once again I find myself wishing that we had a basement. I sent a text to my son to make sure they were okay, and he had decided to work from home today. Otherwise he would have been driving home in the worst of the rain, hail and wind. Thank God that all of this brought no deaths or serious injury. Just think how the dynamics would have been different if the tornados had hit after dark when more people would have been home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

I saw that on the news. Those big 18-wheelers getting tosses like tiny twigs in the wind. They said it was fortunate that nobody was seriously injured.

Blogger Devin said...

I am glad the tornado did not reach you. I have never seen a tornado but I can imagine they are terrifying.

Blogger Nankin said...

I'm happy to say I haven't seen one in real life and hope to keep it that way.

Post a Comment

<< Home