Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Government Study

I know I haven’t written anything in a while, but I couldn’t let this go by without comment. I heard a blurb on the news this morning that made my blood boil Reportedly there has been a study in which 71% of Americans thought a woman should take her husband’s name when they got married. The real kicker was that these same people thought the GOVENRMENT should force a woman to assume her husband’s name upon marriage.

AND HOW MANY MILLIONS DID THIS STUDY COST US, THE TAXPAYER?

Here is my take on their ridiculous study.

1. What difference does it make what a woman calls herself? She’s still the same woman!
2. What gives these ignorant bigots the right to force such an imbecilic edict on others?
3. What makes these same idiots think they know what’s best for me?
4. Do we need another “blue” law on the books that can’t be enforced?
5. Put the money to better use. Throw out the illegal aliens who are such a drain on our country and provide a “real” health care plan.
6. Get a life! Or did somebody have to justify their overinflated salary for another study that wasn’t needed?
7. Get out of my life. Less government not more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

There's some lady at work who has been married and divorced so many times--with a name change each time--that we've lost track of who she is. That is a surprising study. I don't think you have to worry about government passing a law requiring women to take their husband's name though. The government has plenty of other stuff going on right now.

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Amen, Nan! Preach it!!

Post a Comment

<< Home