Friday, November 02, 2012

Political Overload

I am so ready for this election  to be over. I  am not a political guru. I don't argue politics with friends or family. I have strong convictions and know who I'm going to vote for, so...get out of my face with the phone calls and insulting commercials.

Why can't a candidate just say, "These are  my qualifications, please vote for me"? Instead we get the "truth" interpreted for us through the courtesy of political ad men who can make you doubt your own name and gender.

The truth taken out of context and embellished with emotionally charged rhetoric  grows into the stuff monsters are made of. I say, vote for the candidate of your choice, but remember, what you  see isn't necessarily what you get.

To be trite, may the best man win. Who's the best man? Depends on which ad you believe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Here, here. We get close to ten phone calls with political pitches, all of which are garbage to me. Hardly any real facts. My wife is so sick of it that she doesn't even plan to vote.

Post a Comment

<< Home