Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Cat or Kitten?


Jimbob was so sweet last night. He knows how much I want another cat so he had arranged for a piano tuner friend to bring over (4) kittens that are just two months old. They are absolutely adorable, but I don't like kittens.

Give me a full grown, mature cat and I'm completely happy. Kittens get into EVERYTHING, scratch the furniture (and me), climb curtains, hide under furniture and all that stuff cute little kittens do. Adult cats on the other hand are calmer, more dignified and generally don't get a wild hair up the butt and go chasing phantoms.

Obviously not all cats are created equal, but at least with an adult, you get a better idea of what you are getting yourself into from the start. I've adopted several cats from the SPCA and they've been wonderful.

Besides, everybody loves kittens and they are more likely to find a home than a mature cat. Don't get me wrong, what Jimbob did was from the heart. I just happen to have an aversion to infant and/or juvenile felines.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the SPCA has allowed you to find awesome cats, it's true... my life has been blessed by Opi, he really is my baby. thanks again for letting me steal him from you :D i don't know what i would do without him.

Blogger Nankin said...

Opie is one of a kind, but we got the wrong dwarf. We should have named him Dopie.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay just calls him "ShitHead".... in a loving way of course. :)

Blogger Nankin said...

That's what I used to call Jay's dad.

Post a Comment

<< Home