Thursday, August 11, 2005

Prayers


Prayers are needed for Ali, JayCee's girlfriend. I mentioned before that she suffers with RSD and when it acts up, as it is now, she is in tremendous pain. There is no cure for this disease and all the doctors can do is treat the symptons.

If you are like me, when someone is hurting, my first instinct is to reach out and touch in an effort to comfort. Maybe it's a desire to take away the pain. But with RSD even the slightest touch causes more pain. It's frustrating for Ali and those who love her.

When we talked Monday evening, she said she was almost afraid to go see the new pain management doctor this Friday. She's had every possible reaction from doctors in the past that range from it's all psychological to let's test for everything under the sun. One doctor proposed a spinal implant and when Ali said no, he hustled her out of the office like a terrorist.

So, I'm asking for prayers for this young woman. If she can't be cured, at least pray for relief.

2 Comments:

Blogger the many Bs said...

How terrible. Yes, she will be in my thoughts. I hope that this will just be a temporary flare-up and she will go to remission again very soon.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She certainly has my prayers for both relief and a cure.

Post a Comment

<< Home