Thursday, August 04, 2005

Day After

I've actually had a pretty good day after my epidural. At least my back and legs aren't screaming like normal. I keep praying this will work. After visiting physical therapist, surgeons and chiropractors for the last 4 years, I'd given up and thought I'd have to live with the pain for the rest of my life. This new guy specializes in pain management. A horse of another color.

My son's girlfriend (22 years old) suffers from a nerve disorder called Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) that causes her a great deal of swelling and pain. Since it cannot be cured, she has decided to try my doctor (one of many along the way). I sure hope he can help her. I know she's had problems for many years and some doctors don't believe RSD is real.

Now, on the lighter side of life, I've set up a blog for Jimbob named "The Bear in the Closet", the trick is to get him to use it. He kinda thinks computers are only for playing games. In reality, he's scared to death he's going to mess something up. In spite of my best efforts, I can't get him to check his own bank balance or check his e-mail. Although he says that's not true, he checks it every six months or so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Very good news on the epidural. May it continue to abate the pain until it's (the pain) gone forever!

John

Post a Comment

<< Home