Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Procrastinating

I'm procrastinating (ooh, such a big word) this morning. It's not just that I don't want to work, my brain isn't up to the task. If I sit still too long, I might fall asleep. It must be the OZONE (don't believe everything you hear) in the air making me feel dopey. In fact I feel like I never went to sleep last night.

Our Bible study group celebrated the completion of CSLewis' book, "The Screwtape Letters". Since we are going to read another of his books (Mere Christianity), we decided to watch a movie about CSLewis' life. And of course you can't sit down and watch a movie without munchies. Our idea of finger food escalated into a full meal.

But that's still no excuse for not wanting to work. The truth is when I finish up what's on my desk, I won't have anything to do. It's the same every year, you work your tail end off just to keep from drowning, then all of a sudden not only are you caught up, but... there's nothing to do. Construction always starts winding down about now.

It's bad business to have a store torn up for construction during back to school time. Then there's Thanksgiving and Christmas. Actually, it'll be one huge sale after another for quite some time. And if you go up North, there isn't a whole lot of ground breaking for new construction happening over the winter.

So, now is a good time to tie up all those loose ends that have been hanging over my head for so long. Let's see...I can clean out my files for the next flood of paperwork. Train the new girl. File my nails. Go for a walk. Aggravate certain co-workers who suffer from swollen heads. Schmooze.

Well, it appears that I'll have a very busy day after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karyn Lyndon said...

Don't forget writing on your writer's club assignment and then of course there's blogging...

Post a Comment

<< Home