Wednesday, August 03, 2005

To be, or not to be?

Well...I think that's the question. I'm going this afternoon to have an epidural. Maybe (I hope) it will help relieve some of my back and leg pain. It's really difficult to be upbeat when you hurt all the time.

I'm really not a wuss when it comes to pain. Anyone who gives birth to a 9lb.1oz baby knows what pain is. I've also been a wreck where I took out the side window with my head. But those things heal. When the pain is constant, it wears you down. I can't even sleep at night because no position is comfortable. Too many nights I get up and sleep in the recliner. It's not a whole lot better than sleeping in bed. Just different.

Maybe this will be like putting a bandaid on appendicitis and hoping it will go away, but I'm willing to try. Prayers are appreciated and I'll let you know tomorrow how it went.

Anyone got a cuddly teddy bear to hang on to?

2 Comments:

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Don't let anyone kid you -- chronic pain will wear down the strongest person. You've got my prayers. Let us know how it goes!

John

Blogger Karyn Lyndon said...

My fingers and toes are crossed that this will do the trick...get well soon!

Post a Comment

<< Home