Friday, September 02, 2005

Friday Frippery


It’s Friday Frippery. My word of the day is PISSED. According to Miriam Webster’s on line dictionary it means: 1 chiefly British, sometimes vulgar : DRUNK 1a 2 sometimes vulgar : ANGRY, IRRITATED -- often used with off. As in: I’m pissed as hell that these oil companies think it’s okay to raise their prices twice in one day.

Now, let’s get down to business. WARNING: This is my forum to be my inane, irrelevant, irreverent, irregular, irresponsible, smart ass self. The opinions expressed in this column are still not and probably will never be those of management. Oh how sweet that sounds, especially since I’m PISSED as hell.

1. First, my heart goes out to all who lost their homes, cars, businesses and loved ones when Katrina struck. There’s no way to go back and undo the harm, but I pray that God will lift them up and allow them to go on with their lives.

2. As you may have guessed, I think we’re getting the shaft. Yes, we had a hurricane that has shut down oil production in the Gulf, but No, there’s no way the price increase has been passed on to the gas stations yet. Trouble is if most of us want to continue to work to put food on the table, we have no choice but to buy gas at these artificially inflated prices. You don’t have to agree with me, but this is MY blog.

3. Jimbob and I have different philosophies in life. It doesn’t mean we fight about it or get PISSED off, we simply have different expectations from people. Perhaps because I was married to someone for so long who never (that’s not an exaggeration) carried through with his promises, I expect very little from people. On the other hand, Jimbob does expect things from others and is quite often disappointed. If you don’t expect anything, then you aren’t pissed when people don’t follow through.

4. Back to my soap box. Last year when much of Malaysia was hit by a devastating tsunami, the good old US of A rushed right in to help the victims. Do you think the efforts will be reciprocated? I doubt it. After all, we’re the UGLY AMERICANS! I would love to be surprised by an out pouring of dollars and supplies from even one of these countries we have helped.

5. Talking about pissed, most of the school districts in North Texas paint their school buses with initials. A Dallas bus would read, DISD, McKinney is MISD, Frisco is FISD, but what about Plano? The city fathers apparently thought PISD was too suggestive. They spell out Plano Independent School District.

Want more? (I doubt it.) Nevertheless, you are free to use the remote if you find my frippery irrelevant. So long and...

TTFN.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord of the Flies - A Weblog from Downtown New Orleans
I've been following an incredible blog written by The Interdictor, part of a team keeping a ... Anyway, these people have done heroic public service, and I recommend them to everyone: NOLA.com (http://www.nola.com/) , the on-line presence of the Times-Picayune.
Your blog is great If you work long hours I'm sure you'd be interested in Energy Supplements Think about Energy Supplements

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how weird are those comments... ad-spam even on blogger.
J & i have been watching all the looting footage, it really is something else. with the waters being so slow to receed (or have they even started to yet?) you have to wonder what it will be like in the surrounding states for awhile... the areas where all these people are housed.

Post a Comment

<< Home