Friday, September 16, 2005

Its Friday Frippery

It's Friday Frippery. My word of the day is pimp. I'm sure we've all heard pimp on television on some so called real life crime show . According to Miriam Websters on line dictionary it means Function: Noun, Etymology: origin unknown, (now we get to the meat of the word) a man who solicits clients for prostitutes. As in, "Her dirty, lowdown, good for nothing pimp stole all her money while she was otherwise engaged".

WARNING: This is my forum to be my inane, irrelevant, irreverent, irregular, irresponsible, smart ass self. The opinions expressed in this column are still not and probably will never be those of management. Now isn't that a pimp for you?

1 Okaywhat'st on the agenda for today? I haven figureded it out yet. I've been existing on pain killers for the last few day. The doctors told me that my sciatica is pretty much self limiting. Oh sure. It's been four frigging years and all it does is get worse. I had another epidural last Wednesday to try to block the pain. So far it hasn't kicked in yet.

2. My daughter called me this afternoon from Reno, NV to say that her six month old, white GermaShepardrd died yesterday from parvo virus. What a bummer! They took Isis up one of the undeveloped canyons to bury her. I had offered to send Britt some of my irises that have grown wild, but she said no. Today she asked if I would send them so they could plant them around Isis' grave.

3. I think I did two days worth of work today. I was behind because I'm out on Mondays for my Master Gardeners class and on Tuesday, our ordering system was acting like a pimp! Ordering is not the only thing we use it for. With the rise in construction cost, we now have to give a monthly accounting of wtat has been spent on each store. You'd be amazed at how much we spend on something as simple as lighting.

4. I'm pissed. I've screwed up my template somehow and now I can't do all the things I used to with pictures. They won't move, and lots of times (like now) I can't even upload them. Damn it!

Have I bored you enough yet? Yeah, I know I talk about myself a lot, but you know what? IT'S MY BLOG and I'll do anything I want. Besides as I've said before, you know where the remote (figuratively speaking) is. Feel free to use it anytime you like.

TTFN

2 Comments:

Blogger Karyn Lyndon said...

Just wanted to let you know I stopped in and caught up on my reading...I've been a BAAAAAD blogger lately. It's hard for me to get used to no blogging at work...

Blogger Nankin said...

I know what you mean.

Post a Comment

<< Home