Tuesday, September 06, 2005

LABOR DAY


I hope everyone out there had a wonderful holiday. Personally, I took the title LABOR DAY literally. What started out to be a simple project of transplanting ajuga and irises turned into a major, all day in the yard PROJECT. I felt like Taz by the time I finished.

We have a small fountain that keeps running dry because the reservoir underneath is too shallow. In a matter of hours, the Texas HEAT (akin to a day in Hell) has dried up the water and the pump starts sucking air.

Once again this should have been a very simple job, but…is any job ever simple? Especially when you’re outside digging holes in near 100 degrees. I managed to get it all put back together and it worked…for a little while. The new reservoir pan apparently cracked under the weight of the fountain.

NO, I didn’t start all over. This little sucker must go 75 pounds, and I was verrrrry tired. So, I employed a universal, if temporary fix. I pulled the plug on it.

Next weekend, Plan B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home