Monday, September 28, 2009

Another Senior Moment?

Okay, I admit I do stupid things sometimes. Or maybe I should chalk it up to another senior moment, but damn, this is getting scary. Friday when I got home, I noticed that the grass out back and one of my hydrangeas was in need of water.

Being the nurturing gardener I set the Rainbird sprinkler and went back in the house…and then forgot about it. A couple of hours later I realized that the water was still running so ran out and turned it off. As you can imagine, water was puddled everywhere.

After dinner Jimbob went into the bedroom and yells at me, “Can you come in here?” I dropped what I was doing and went to see what he wanted. Wouldn’t you know I’d also forgotten to close the bedroom window?

Of course the carpet was soaked and so were his fifty thousand teddy bears setting on the window seat. I grabbed every available towel and started mopping up. All the wet critters were flung into the bathtub while Jimbob stood watching and trying to figure out what happened.

Thank goodness I hadn’t gotten rid of the small carpet cleaner like I’d planned. It sucked that water up like a magnet. Then I ran a large floor fan aimed at the carpet until we went to bed. By Sunday afternoon we were pretty much dried out.

The teddy bears went outside on the stone retaining wall in the sun. This morning all but three of them are dry and back inside safe and sound until I do something else stupid.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Sounds like you're like me. I take my senior moments in stride now.

Hopefully we won't get as bad as my grandfather. My favorite story is how he tossed his keys into the yard, so he could test to see how well his metal detector worked. Then along the way he forgot about it. My cousin was cutting the grass when he came across the keys.

Post a Comment

<< Home