Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I'm a Pacer

This is my third week of doing water aerobics in the never ending war against flab. What a great way to have fun while you’re toning and resizing every part of your body. I actually look forward to going. Regular aerobics was way too hard on my joints and netted me minimal results.

In this process I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m a pacer not a trotter. Especially when it comes to doing the “cross country skiing” maneuver. Against all admonitions by the instructor, I can’t get my left arm to go forward with my right foot or my right arm and left foot coordinated.

Just like a pacer, my right foot and arm work together and of course so do the left foot and left arm. It’s just a normal walking coordination, but I’ll be damned if I can get it right.

Does this say something about my personality? I'll have to get back to you on that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

The way my joints have been bothering me when I walk or ride my bike, water aerobics doesn't sound too bad. I like swimming too, so long as the water is room temperature.

Anonymous Dee said...

Today when I was walking I tried and failed to get my arms and legs to move any OTHER way than alternating! How do you do that? Too funny.

Post a Comment

<< Home