Monday, August 31, 2009

Mouse in the House

I sat down at my desk this morning and was getting everything geared up for the day when I espied, from the corner of my eye, a fuzzy brown streak comeemerge from beneath my desk. A mouse! A sure sign that autumn is on the way.

I tried to follow the little critter’s progress, but it was too fast. And then I spotted it running into the office across from mine. Like a good citizen, I informed the cellmate that a mouse was in his house. I moved the wastebasket and sure enough it darted out and ran under his desk.

If you can imagine, there are lots of nooks and crannies in an office this size, and every year we face the same predicament. I hate killing an innocent, baby mouse, but I don’t want it in my area. You have to know that where you see one, there are probably a dozen more. Get out of my house, mouse.

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Better in your office than in your house. We're thinking there could be a rodent taking up residence in our kitchen. If so, he hasn't been seen yet.

Post a Comment

<< Home